Decorating flower cakes is a great way to impress your guests, Whether you are hosting a flower-themed party or want to show off your creative side Pressed flower cakes are lovely, and they are surprisingly easy to make with a few simple tips.
Read on to learn how to create pressed flower cakes that will take your next celebration to the next level.
Flower cakes are cakes that are made with flowers. The most popular flower cakes are rose, daisy, and lily flower cakes.
These cakes are beautiful and unique, perfect for any special occasion. The best part about flower cakes is that they are not only pretty, but they are also delicious!
First-person Created Flower Cakes
The flower cake has been around for centuries, and the earliest known reference to them is from 16th-century Germany. They were initially made with real flowers, but later, people started using pressed flowers. Pressed flower cakes became very popular in Victorian England and were often given as gifts.
There are seasonal and other occasions for which flower theme celebration cakes can be used. Here are some ideas for events that use flower themes.
Christmas flower cakes are famous for many people during the holiday season. There are several reasons for this, but one of the most popular is that flower cakes can help add a festive and cheerful touch to any Christmas celebration.
Another reason why flower cakes are such a popular choice during Christmas is that they can be made to look very elegant and sophisticated. This is often important for people who want their Christmas celebrations to be as unique and memorable as possible.
Flower cakes are a popular choice for celebrating mother’s day. Flower cakes’ colourful and vibrant designs can really add to the day’s festivities. Pressed flower cakes are trendy, featuring beautiful pressed flowers preserved in sugar or other edible materials. These cakes can be made to look very elegant, making them an excellent choice for a special occasion.
Flower cakes and Father’s day go hand in hand. Here are some flower-themed cakes that will make dad feel special.
- If your dad is more of a traditionalist, this classic flower cake is a great option. This cake is made with a simple flower design and is perfect for any father’s day celebration.
- This flower pot cake is a fun option for the dad who loves to garden. Filled with chocolate or vanilla buttercream, this cake is decorated with fondant flowers and leaves.
Flower cakes are often seen at valentine’s day celebrations. They may be given as gifts or served at parties. The flowers on the cake may represent love, appreciation, or friendship. The colours of the flowers may also have special meaning. For example, red roses symbolize love and passion, while yellow roses represent friendship.
List of Flower Cake Shop
If you want to add a flowery touch to your next celebration cake, look no further than these flower theme cakes from some of the best cake shops.
Just Add Flower
Just Add flower is a flower shop that makes flower theme celebration cakes. The company was founded in 2014 by cake artist and entrepreneur Sarah Riegelhuth. They specialize in making pressed edible flower cakes. The company also provides other services such as flower delivery, cake decoration, and event planning. They have been featured in The New York Times, Martha Stewart Living, and Time Out New York. The company has also been awarded the title of Best Cake Shop in NYC by Time Out New York
- Visit their website at www.justaddflower.com or call them at (718) 369-0233.
- Location: Just Add Flower is 1065 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10025.
Flour & Chocolate
Flour & Chocolate is a Cake Shop and Studio located in Singapore. They specialize in flower theme celebration cakes and use only the freshest and finest ingredients in all of their bakes. Their flower cakes are made with real pressed flowers and are perfect for any special occasion. They also offer various other cake flavours and designs to choose from.
- To learn more, visit their website at: http://www.flourandchocolate.com.sg/flower-cakes/ or call them at +65 6444 1212.
- Location: 56 Eng Hoon Street, Singapore 160056.
Hello, Hello Flower Cafe
Hello Hello, Flower Cafe started as a small flower shop in a cramped space and has grown into a flower café serving beautiful flower-themed cakes! Flower cake is their most popular item, and they love to see the joy on our customers’ faces when they take a bite.
They use only the freshest flowers in cakes, and each is carefully pressed to preserve its delicate beauty. Their flower cakes are perfect for any occasion, from birthdays to weddings. Their flower cake designers can create a custom cake for you. They can work with you to create a one-of-a-kind cake that will make your event unforgettable.
- To learn more, visit their website at: www. flowercafe.com or call them at 1-888-888-8888.
- Location: Hello Hello Flower Cafe123 Sesame StreetNew York, NY 10001
Cake and Vases
Cake and Vases is a flower-themed cake shop in the city’s heart. They specialize in pressed flower cakes, which are perfect for any special occasion. They use only the freshest flowers, making the cakes with love. They know every cake is unique and take the time to personalize each.
They also have a wide selection of vases so that you can choose the perfect one for your cake. Whether you’re looking for a unique birthday cake, an anniversary cake, or just a fun cake to make at home, Cake and Vases is the place for you.
- To learn more, visit their website at cakeandvases.com. or give them a call at 1-800-CAKE.
- Location: Cake and Vases123 Flower StreetNew York, NY 10001
Incredible Flower Cakes
Incredible flower cakes are perfect for any special occasion. They have a wide variety of flower cakes to choose from, so you’re sure to find the perfect one for your event. The flower cakes are made with real flowers pressed into the cake. This gives the cake a beautiful, natural look that impresses your guests.
If you’re looking for a unique and stylish cake for your next event, order an IncrEdible flower cake today!
- To learn more, visit their website at: https://www.incredibleflowercakes.com.au/
How to make a Buttercream Flower Cake
Buttercream Flower Cake is a classic cake perfect for any flower-themed celebration. This cake is made with colourful buttercream flowers pressed into the top and sides of the cake. The flowers are made with either natural or silk flowers. To make this flower cake, you will need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- Buttercream icing (recipe below)
- Assorted flowers
Why We Love This Cake
Buttercream is loved by people of all ages for its fluffy, creamy texture and rich flavour. Paired with a moist and flavorful cake, it’s no wonder this classic combination is a favourite among dessert lovers.
And what could make buttercream even better? Edible flowers, of course! These beautiful blooms not only add a pop of colour to your creation but also infuse it with a delicate flavour.
Tips for Piping Buttercream Flowers
If you want to add a little extra decoration to your cakes and cupcakes, buttercream flowers are the way to go. They’re simple and elegant and can be made in various colours and styles. Plus, they’re relatively easy to pipe, as long as you have the right tips and techniques. Here are some of our best tips for piping buttercream flowers:
- Start with a stiffer buttercream recipe. This will help the flowers keep their shape and not droop or sag.
- Fit your piping bag with the appropriate tip. For smaller flowers, use a Wilton 1M tip. For larger blooms, use a Wilton 2D tip.
- Pipe the buttercream onto a piece of parchment paper first to get a feel for the consistency and pressure you need to use.
- Start in the centre and work your way out when you’re ready to pipe the flowers onto your cake or cupcake.
- To create different flower shapes, change the pressure you’re using on the piping bag. For a more ruffled flower, use less stress. For a tighter flower, use more force.
- Mix a few drops of gel food colouring into your buttercream recipe to add colour to your flowers.
- To create multi-coloured flowers, fit two piping bags with different colours of buttercream and pipe them side by side.
- Once you’re piping the flowers, you can add some extra detail by using a toothpick or cake tester to swirl the centre of each flower slightly.
- For an extra touch of elegance, sprinkle a little edible glitter or confectioner’s sugar on top of the flowers.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be piping beautiful buttercream flowers in no time!
How to Pipe a Buttercream Rosette
A buttercream rosette is perfect for flower theme cakes; these rosettes are made with a star tip and can be piped in any size. To pipe for a buttercream rosette:
- Start by attaching a star tip to your piping bag. Fill the bag with buttercream frosting, and then twist the top of the bag to close it.
- Hold the piping bag perpendicular to the cake surface, and apply even pressure as you pipe a swirl of frosting. To make the rosette, start in the centre of the spiral and slowly move outwards.
- Release the tension on the piping bag as you reach the end of the rosette. Lift the tip up and away from the cake to break the flow of frosting.
- Repeat this process to pipe more buttercream rosettes on your cake. You can also experiment with different sizes and shapes of flower cakes. Have fun!
Pressed Flower Cake
A pressed flower cake is a cake that is made by pressing flowers into the icing or fondant. This cake can be made with any flower, but rose petals are commonly used.
Type of Flowers to Use
The types of flowers to use in pressed flower cakes are pansies, roses, and violets are all excellent choices for flower cake decoration. You can also use other edible flowers like nasturtiums, calendulas, and dandelions.
Type of Cake to Bake
There are generally two types of cake: butter cakes and foam cakes. Butter cakes, such as pound cakes and fruitcakes, rely on creamed butter for their structure, while foam cakes, such as genoise and sponge cakes, rely primarily on beaten eggs for their design.
The type of cake you choose to bake depends on the ingredients you have on hand and the desired outcome of your flower theme cake. For a light and airy cake, go with a foam cake. Opt for a butter cake if you want a richer, more decadent cake.
Type of Icing to Make
There are a few options when it comes to flower cakes. You can choose to make buttercream icing, fondant icing, or royal icing.
- Buttercream icing is the most common type of icing used for flower cakes. It is made with butter, sugar, and eggs. It is light and fluffy, and it has a rich flavour.
- Fondant icing is made with sugar, water, and gelatin. It is thick and pliable and can be rolled out into thin sheets. Fondant icing is often used to cover flower cakes.
- Royal icing is made with egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar. It is very stiff and glossy, and it dries hard. Royal icing is often used to decorate flower cakes.
You can choose any icing you like for your flower cake. Be sure to use a recipe specifically designed for the type of icing you choose.
The equipment used in making flower-pressed cake is a flower press, flower former, flower nail, flower stamens and flower wire.
How to Make
Flower cakes are simple and easy to decorate. You could use flower petals, leaves, or even real flowers to create a unique cake for any occasion. The best thing about flower cakes is that they can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to two days.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup flower petals or leaves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Two tablespoons water
- One cake mix
- One can frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8-inch cake pan.
- Mix flower petals or leaves, sugar, and water in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the flour mixture into the cake pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Pour batter over the flour mixture in the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost cake with your favourite frosting. Store in the refrigerator.
Is it yummy?
Flower-pressed cakes are yummy and easy to make. All you need are beautiful flowers, a bit of imagination and your flower cake will envy all your friends.
Frequently Asked Questions about Flower Cakes
How long does a fresh flower cake last?
A fresh flower cake will usually last for about two days. This is because the flowers are a perishable item and need to be kept in a cool, dry place.
Cake decorators often use dehydrated or preserved flowers, which can last for up to six months. These flowers are usually made from silk or plastic and they look very realistic.
Can I put fresh flowers on a cake?
You sure can! In fact, it’s a great way to make your cake look even more special. Just make sure that you use edible flowers, preferably from the grocery store (rather than the florist). And avoid flowers that have been treated with pesticides or other chemicals.
If you’re using a fresh flower as a cake topper, it’s best to put it on top of the cake just before serving. But if you’re using fresh flowers to decorate the sides of your cake, you can add them earlier (up to a few hours before serving). Just be careful not to let the flowers sit in direct sunlight or in a very warm place, as this could damage them or make them wilt. Enjoy!
How do you keep flowers from wilting on a cake?
To keep flowers from wilting on a cake, you can use a variety of methods. One is to use a flower food or sugar syrup to help the flowers retain their moisture. Another is to use toothpicks or skewers to hold the flowers in place, so they don’t wilt as quickly. You can also use a buttercream or royal icing to “glue” the flowers in place.
What flowers are safe to use on cakes?
When decorating cakes with flowers, it’s important to use flowers that are edible and safe to consume. Some popular edible flowers include roses, lavender, pansies, nasturtiums, and chrysanthemums.
It’s also important to make sure that the flowers haven’t been treated with any pesticides or other chemicals that might be harmful if ingested. So before using any flowers on a cake, it’s a good idea to do a quick Google search or consult a flower guide to see which flowers are safe for eating.
How do you clean fresh flowers on a cake?
To clean fresh flowers on a cake, you will need to use a food-safe paintbrush. Dip the paintbrush into a bowl of room-temperature water, and then brush the petals of the flowers lightly. Be sure not to submerge the flowers in water, as this could cause them to wilt.
If any pollen or dust gets on the icing around the flowers, you can clean it up with a dampened Q-tip.
How do you attach a large flower to the side of a cake?
There are a few ways to do this. You can use a straight or offset spatula to spread buttercream or royal icing on the cake and then attach the flower with a little more icing. You can also use melted chocolate, candy, or gum paste.
If you’re using buttercream or royal icing, it’s best to put the icing in a piping bag fitted with a star tip and pipe a small dollop of icing on the back of the flower. Then press it against the cake and hold it in place for a few seconds until the icing sets.
If you’re using melted chocolate, candy, or gum paste, just drizzle it over the top of the flower and let it set.
How early can you put flowers on a cake?
There is no right or wrong answer to this question – it all depends on the look and feel you are going for with your cake. Many pastry chefs will put flowers on a cake as soon as it comes out of the oven, while it is still hot, in order to get that fresh-from-the-garden look. However, others prefer to wait until the cake has cooled completely before adding any decorations.
The type of flower you use can also make a difference – delicate flowers like roses or lilies should be added late in the game, while tougher flowers like carnations or chrysanthemums can be put on earlier. As always, it’s best to consult with your cake decorator to get
How long do dried flowers last on a cake?
The lifespan of dried flowers on a cake will vary depending on the type of flower, how fresh they are when you add them, and how long the cake is stored. Generally speaking, though, most flowers will start to fade and lose their colour after about two weeks. It’s best to avoid adding any flowers that have been sprayed with pesticides or other chemicals, as these can also cause the cake to spoil more quickly. If you’re not sure whether a particular flower is safe to use, it’s always best to ask a professional florist.
How do you get fake flowers to stick to a cake?
There are a few ways to get fake flowers to stick to a cake. One way is to use frosting or melted chocolate as an adhesive. Another way is to use a spray adhesive. And yet another way is to use toothpicks or skewers stuck into the cake and the flower stems can be inserted into the toothpicks or skewers.
Do wedding cakes use real flowers?
It depends on the cake. Some cake decorators will use real flowers, while others will use sugar or other artificial flowers. If you’re getting a fresh flower cake, it’s best to ask your cake decorator what type of flowers they’ll be using.